I haven't posted in a while. I'm sorry to the two people, including my mother, who read this. Here are some good things that happened in the last month:
1. I got my figure skates sharpened and I plan on trying them out in the next week at the St. Paul winter carnival.
2. I've had a great experience with my seventh graders. In the last few weeks we've gotten even closer and it's been wonderful. I got some really thoughtful and meaningful gifts from my students.
Here are some not so good things that happened in the last couple weeks:
1. My last day at my long term sub job was done on Friday.
2. I got sick again for the third time. The problem is that when I thought it went away, the next day I came down with a cough. I had a cough for two weeks. And not like a little crack once in a while. It was a constant coughing all day every day. Finally, on Tuesday afternoon, my voice quit working halfway through the work day.
3. On Wednesday I finally caved and went to a clinic which sent me to an urgent care/hospital in case I had pneumonia. I didn't. But my cough still lingers.
4. On Tuesday morning on my way into work I hit a patch of ice on 35, spun out, hit a guard rail and ruined my car. And I mean ruined.
My life has not been too fun in the last week. But there are a couple things that have made me smile. I have posted my favorite part of the Charlie Brown Christmas. I always cry when Linus tells Charlie what the meaning of Christmas is. I needed this perspective at the end of this week.
I also watched this part of Elf. It made me smile. Its meaning is not quite as profound. But I still cry when I watch it. It's still funny to me.