Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Color Test = Career Predictions?

Tonight I took a test based entirely on selecting colors that was supposed to predict fitting jobs and my personality in terms of work. I had to take it simply to try to prove it wrong. It was created by Career Path. The test is free, so go take it. I should say none of their colors were all that desireable to me, so this was a somewhat difficult task. The test just asks you to choose colors you prefer most and least. Of course, most were: green, brown, black. Least: lime green, orange, white.

So let's break down my results and see how accurate it was.

Congratulations! I am a "creator." That's why I was such a pain in the ass, mom and dad. I was always destined to be an artist.

I am:
1. Nonconforming (true)
2. Impulsive (true...as much as I hate to admit it)
3. Expressive (mm...sometimes)
4. Romantic (hopelessly so)
5. Intuitive (I can be)
6. Sensitive (I've begun to develop a thicker skin, thank God)
7. Emotional (...yes, sigh)

As an original type, I place high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self expression (okay, pretty true, although "aesthetic qualities" is a little vague). I like to: work independently (check), be creative (check), use my imagination (check), and constantly learn something new (double check-ask Lisa, I once said I could go to school for the rest of my life).

Fields of interest: art (check), drama (check), music (check), writing (uh...duh), places where I can assemble, express, implement creative ideas (damn, it's pretty good).

Occupations:
Advertising executive
Architect
Web designer
Creative director (these all seem much more high paying than the career I chose)
Public Relations (eesh, no way)
Fine or Commercial Artist
Interior decorator
Lawyer (yikes, not on your life)
Librarian (boooooring)
Musician (now we're talking!)
Reporter
Art teacher
ENGLISH TEACHER
Author
Editor

My second best fit is "social manager." Well that sounds bossy. Okay, maybe I am a little.

I am:
1. Tactful (sometimes)
2. Cooperative (fairly often)
3. Generous (well I think I am)
4. Understanding (I try to be)
5. Insightful (sometimes)
6. Friendly (I don't think I bite)
7. Cheerful (again, sometimes)

I am a very social type (skin crawling, skin crawling) who enjoys working in groups (not so much), sharing responsibility (yes, because I'm lazy), and being the center of attention (........yes, dammit).

Fields of interest: instructing (yep!), helping (check), nurturing, caregiving. I discuss and consider feelings in order to solve problems (sometimes), lead (at work I do), direct (isn't that the same as "lead?"), persuade (not really), guide (again, "lead"), organize (not really), enlighten others (well, those who are stupid anyway).
***********************************

So on the whole, it was pretty accurate. What are you?

1 comment:

  1. Creepy. You and I had EXACTLY the same for the best fit. My second best was different, though:

    2nd Best Occupational Category
    You're a PERSUADER
    Key Words:
    Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive
    These enterprising types sell, persuade, and lead others. Positions of leadership, power, and status are usually their ultimate goal. Persuasive people like to take financial and interpersonal risks and to participate in competitive activities. They enjoy working with others inside organizations to accomplish goals and achieve economic success.

    So, I guess I can persuade people & you can boss them around. Deal?

    P.S. Who would like to look at yellow anyway?

    ReplyDelete