Monday, May 19, 2008

The Future of Education: Teach the Kids how to Teach Themselves


A friend of mine sent me this last night. I may have nearly wet myself I laughed so hard. In reality, it's too true to be funny. I was telling my cooperating teacher last week that I didn't learn much from the University of Minnesota except small group activities. As elite and renown as the U is for their education program, they completely left out how to conduct a lecture or class discussion. On the plus side, I have thousands and thousands of dollars invested in facilitating small groups and literature circles. I have at least three books filled with small group activities. Maybe I wouldn't have had to pack so much if I was taught how to lead a class, rather than hand it off to the students.

1 comment: