Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"As they say, 'Teaching is a profession.'"

It was the last day of my media class yesterday. Everyone had to present on their final project. Meaghan and I finally finished our wiki. It now has pretty videos and more detail. We should get a gold star for it.

My classmates, Nathan and Chris, who are also great to get together with at 12:30 in the afternoon, the day before Thanksgiving, presented on mockumentaries. They created an awesome video that is posted on Nathan's blog. I hope you go see it. It's a good time and sure to give you some laughs...well probably a lot of laughs.

Verb: It's What's Happening

Among some great references in their video, I think Best in Show is hilarious. If you haven't seen it, there is a clip in the video that is spot on. My favorite mockumentary is Drop Dead Gorgeous, about a small town beauty pageant in Minnesota. I wanted to find a clip from the beginning of the movie, where one woman states, "We like to leave that to the sin cities, AKA Minneapolis/St. Paul." But I couldn't find one, unfortunately. Also, I think this movie has bonus points for me because it was shot around where I grew up, so I know where all of the locations are. Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment